Everton manager Marco Silva has delivered an update on the condition of summer signing Andre Gomes.
The Portugal international was a late arrival at Goodison Park during the summer transfer window, as he completed a season-long loan switch from Barcelona.
However, Gomes has not yet made his Everton debut as he continues to nurse a long-standing hamstring issue. This problem was worsened as he aggravated the injury towards the end of August.
The 25-year-old had reportedly further damaged his hamstring in his recovery from the problem, but Silva has clarified these claims, insisting that the midfielder is making progress in his rehabilitation.

Speaking ahead of his side’s trip to Arsenal, as quoted by the Liverpool Echo, Toffees boss Silva revealed how Gomes is progressing.
With these type of injuries you cannot say eight days, 10 days, it is a muscle injury and sometimes you expect three or four weeks and in one moment, the report I have, says it will be two more weeks.
I think, and what I expect after speaking to the doctor and with Andre on Tuesday, is that maybe after Fulham he will be ready to start full sessions with the team, that is what we expect. In this moment, and to be clear with you, and to stop with the rumours, this is new and the doctor said after the Fulham match – one or two days after – he can start full training with the squad.
Gomes had been long linked with a move to the Premier League following an unsuccessful stint at Barcelona but arrived alongside Yerry Mina and Bernard on the final day of the summer window.
Silva will now be desperate to have the player fit and available as Everton look to build on an uninspiring start to the season.





