Paris Saint-Germain manager Mauricio Pochettino has offered his strongest indication yet that he remains fond of Moise Kean.
The Ligue 1 club’s keenness on the 20-year-old could extend beyond the reign of the Argentine’s predecessor as he expressed his delight with the Italian forward.
Whilst still under the direction of current Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel, previous reports indicated that the German and other senior PSG officials were in talks to make Kean’s loan switch to Paris from Everton a permanent one.
The Italian youngster arrived at Goodison Park in 2019 in what was seen as a shrewd acquisition of one of Europe’s hottest and hungriest striking prospects. However, his stint at the Toffees proved to be one defined by mediocrity, with the 20-year-old netting just four times in 37 appearances.
However, having scored his 13th goal in 24 games for PSG against Nice over the weekend, Pochettino told Canal Plus [via Liverpool Echo].
Today, Moise scored. He also scored in the cup [against Caen]. We are very happy with his services. He is able to play in different positions in attack, whether it is on the axis, on the right side or the left side. We are very happy with everything he does.
Ligue 1 has evolved a lot. Not all matches are easy. In addition, Tuesday we have a great match [against Barcelona] so it was important to have the victory for the confidence (sic).
We are always preparing for the matches, we are on our side. We train every day to be ready and have good results.
Amid previous interest, Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti also spoke on the possibility of a move away for Kean, corroborating Pochettino’s later comments as the Toffees boss said [via Liverpool Echo]:
I think that at first we have to look to the desire of the player. If the player wants to stay at PSG then of course the two clubs have to sit at the table to talk about this, and we are open to talk and the club is open to talk about this if PSG wants to sign Moise Kean, who is doing really well in this moment.
READ EVERTON VERDICT
With Kean having scored 13 goals for PSG amid an injury crisis at the Parc des Princes, it is hardly unfathomable that all parties could see a deal being concluded.
Having previously seen figures above £30m touted for the 20-year-old’s services, Everton could profit from a young talent who was never integral to his compatriot Ancelotti’s desires.
Pochettino’s comments, in conjunction with Ancelotti’s previous willingness to allow Kean to move on, has created a petri dish of circumstances which could prove timely in facilitating a permanent deal ahead of the summer window.

![Mauricio Pochettino expresses delight with Moise Kean; could result in transfer [Opinion]](/_next/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwp.readeverton.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F02%2F1284099752-scaled.jpg&w=3840&q=75)



