Swansea manager Paul Clement says that he is expecting news on Glyfi Sigurdsson’s future this week.
The Swans boss says that talks between his side and Everton are ongoing and that he expects an update in the new few days.
Swansea are holding firm over their valuation of the Icelandic midfielder, which is set at £50m.
This would be a club-record deal for both clubs – with Everton’s current club-record being a potential £30m on Michael Keane from Burnley earlier this summer.

Speaking to Swansea’s website, Clement said this about Sigurdsson:
He (Sigurdsson) is training very hard with the rest of the group and his dedication is second to none. He has even stayed out after training today to do extra in front of goal.
He will not feature for us against Sampdoria on Saturday. I believe the talks are still going on and hopefully we will get some news in the next couple of days.
Everton have already had two offers rejected in their pursuit of Sigurdsson this summer.
Offers of £40m and £45m have been turned down by Swansea, as they refuse to let up on their stance.
Sigurdsson opted to miss out on Swansea’s pre-season tour this summer, with the midfielder said to be keen on a move to Everton.





