Jose Mourinho has confirmed in his pre-boxing day press that Morgan Schneiderlin has asked to leave Manchester United.
Mourinho has confirmed that one player HAS asked to leave #mufc https://t.co/HpAhPWCgRE
— Man United News (@ManUtdMEN) December 23, 2016
The French midfielder has been subject to interest from both Everton and West Brom, with both looking to press on with deals to sign the player now that his exit has been confirmed.
The Baggies have submitted a formal offer of £13million, but the Toffees are still in talks with the club and are thought to be favourites and willing to go as high as £24million for the player who only singed last year for £25million.
Schneiderlin has fell down the pecking order at Manchester United, falling behind even the exiled Bastian Schweinsteiger in the pecking order. Ronald Koeman is said to think he can revive Morgan’s career having managed the player for a year before his move to Manchester.
Morgan Schneiderlin 'opened his heart' to Jose Mourinho when he asked to leave #mufc https://t.co/KkDBS0wT2P
— Man United News (@ManUtdMEN) December 23, 2016
Should Everton get a deal over the line, it would mark the start of what is going to be a pivotal transfer window in the clubs future. Koeman is said to want to ship out up to eight players in the next two transfer windows and replace them with a higher calibre of player.
Schnederlin suits the bill and will provide the long term replacement for Gareth Barry while also covering for Idrissa Gueye when he leaves next month for the African Cup of Nations.





